I hope you are enjoying Montreal as a cold winter wonderland!
Several outdoor activities are on full swing right now. The kids will love playing in the snow after school or daycare, as long as you have proper equipment for the whole family, so don’t forget mittens, hats… Check out the Naptime session ‘preparation to winter‘ again for a few additionnal tips and take a look at the following list to know where you can have fun.
- Toboggan hill – Percy-Walters park
- bring your own sled/luge
- Docteur-Penfield av (between Redpath and Simpson streets)
- Toboggan hill – Mont-Royal park
- skating, sledding, tubing, skiing…
- bring your own or rent your equipment for the day
- Beaver lake accessible by public transport and strollers – Hill Park circle (bus stop on Côte-des-Neiges)
- Refrigerated ice rink – Cabot Square
- Winter furniture – Julia-Drummond park
- games for climbing, tunnels, giant targets for snowballs
- Lucien-L’Allier and St-Jacques streets
- Snowperson contest
- send a picture of your snow people to the Arrondissement before Mars 7th to have a chance to win a gift card
📚 The library at Innovation-Youth (2205 Tupper street) is open and Jessica, the new library coordinator, is waiting for you Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 6pm. Daniel will welcome you on Friday from 12 to 6pm (new programmation to come).
🏫 You still have a little bit of time to register your kids for school. Visit the CSSDM or the school’s website for the full registration process, or contact us for more information and support. You can read more here about how you can better accompany your child during that important step in their young life (available in 10 languages here) and have a look at this video presenting a typical day in school (also available in Spanish and Bengali)
🏀 Your teen is getting bored at home? The YMCA Downtown TeenZone is now open after school from Tuesday to Friday for kids 12 years and older. On the program: free gym time (vaccine passport required) and drop-in hours (games, cooking…). Contact Catherine or Joseph or call 514-849-8393 ext.1749
♻️ The Eco-Quartier is planning their new program and wants to know what you’d be interested in terms of workshops, trainings… Please take five minutes to fill out their survey
👶 *Families on the family bundles list: the next market will be on February 11th. The registration form has been sent out Monday – please don’t share it with others as we have limited quantities (share my contact info instead so I can talk with them before adding them on the list).